Learn without taking the lead with the MOOC Horse!
Whatever either your initial level of knowledge, you will follow the progression, without difficulty.
For 3 months, you can enjoy wherever you want, at your own pace:
- 10 videos, 1 hours 53 minutes
lectures, horse observation comments, testimonies…
- 25 teaching aids
presentations used during lessons, written transcripts of speeches, links and digital supports to go further
- 20 varied and fun quiz questions
Or a personal investment estimated at 7 hours.
The key is your training follow-up certificate.
Are you interested in the results of scientific research and wish to take them into account in your relationship with horses? With this module, you will be able to clarify your choices, thanks to knowledge from science.
By discovering the researchers' approach, you will be able to:
- Recognize what is scientific knowledge and what is not
- Identify the biases of an experimental protocol
- Put each piece of knowledge in perspective, given the current state of knowledge.
This program presents knowledge that is consensus in the scientific community, as of the state of knowledge in May 2018.
During your progression, you reach the following educational objectives
Theme 1: What is science?
- Differentiate what does not exist from what has never been observed;
- Recognize that the admission of scientific knowledge by a community requires several studies going in the same direction;
- Identify several methodologies to answer a research question;
- Recognize the role of science publications.
Know how :
- Recognize and justify a theory that cannot be refuted;
- Distinguish basic research, applied research, testing for the consumer and for the prescriber;
- Being able to differentiate between observation and interpretation;
- Identify a possible bias in an experimental protocol.
Theme 2: Evaluate information to make a decision
- Cite reference authors and their area of expertise
Know how :
- Recognize a scientific article and its structure
- Distinguish the origin of information
- Identify precisely the area of expertise of a horse professional
- Being able to argue a decision based on your priorities
- Recognize that several decisions may be valid depending on the priority given to certain values.
Only connected customers who purchased this product have the option to leave a review.