Learn without the hassle with the Horse MOOC!
Whatever either your initial level of knowledge, you will follow the progression, without difficulty.
For 3 months, you can enjoy wherever you want, at your own pace:
- 12 videos, 2h10 minutes
lectures, horse observation comments, testimonies…
- 29 teaching aids
presentations used during lessons, written transcripts of speeches, links and digital supports to go further
- 14 varied and fun quiz questions
Or a personal investment estimated at 7 hours.
The key is your training follow-up certificate.
Do you want to understand how the horse learns? Discover different theories. You thus analyze the situations which you face during session on horseback, with regard to this knowledge. In their light, you approach the education of the horse with a new eye, rich in your experience and strong in scientific knowledge.
This program presents knowledge that is consensus in the scientific community, as of the state of knowledge in May 2018.
During your progression, you reach the following educational objectives
Theme 1: Learning in scientific ethology
- Cite examples of scientific experiments on how to learn horses
- Know examples of cognitive learning in animals
Know how :
- Determine if the horse has been sensitized or desensitized in the face of a series of actions
- Differentiate negative reinforcement and positive punishment
Theme 2: Optimizing horse learning
- Recognize the influence of the context on learning in horses using studies (results, existence or not of a consensus) Know-how:
- Relate educator behaviors to learning principles
Theme 3: Horse education methods and science
- Be aware of the importance of interindividual variations in learning
- Understand that science cannot validate a method on its own
- Know the importance of experience in the application of science and methods
Know how :
- Differentiate ethology and ethological riding
- Learn to comment on an education session
- Know how to spot justifications for non-scientific practices